Bank Security ManagerFull Time
About the job
The focus of this role is to effectively coordinate the daily operations of the European Security Team and sites across the Europe portfolio, ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient security service to its employees, clients, visitors, and estate. The role is responsible for the operational delivery of security through the management of security technology projects, training, awareness, events, and advice as well as the management, development and welfare of the security team.
The service is provided on a 24/7 basis, although the role will typically work Monday to Friday during the day, it is important that the Security Manager covers all shift patterns from time to time and predominantly is present on site. The role requires travel to the European sites and there is flexibility to work from home, home working is feasible at the discretion of the direct and matrix reports.
This is a full time, permanent role working Monday – Friday.
In order to provide a safe working environment for the Bank’s staff, clients and visitors the security manager is required to monitor the security related risks faced by the Group within the countries and take pro-active measures to reduce risk and minimise loss and communicate incidents to senior management and provide them with professional advice on all aspects of security.
- Provide proactive advice and support to the Country Management Team on all aspects of security management.
- Implement and manage Group Security Policy, Standards, Processes, Guidelines and local authority protocols accordingly.
- Ensure efficient delivery of the requirements outlined within the MSA / LSA in particular Service Schedule 20 which is specific to the Security Services.
- Fulfil the requirements of the Country Security Manager as outlined in and The Groups Security Operating Standards (GSOS) .
- Develop and maintain a security laws and obligations register and ensure that the Bank meets and evidences compliance with all local regulatory requirements.
- Maintain Property Function-Dispensation/Exemption Management in the event that security arrangements do not meet the requirements of the bank’s standards.
- Manage the security control room function and facilitate the retrieval ACS and CCTV data to support reports and investigations in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Coordinate the commission and acceptance of ACS, CCTV and Alarms systems.
- Directly manage the electronic security system vendors to ensure compliance with group standards
- Develop an Life Cycle Replacement schedule for the electronic security systems for all locations and establish budgets to enable delivery.
- Manage budgets efficiently and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget to agreed standards. Actively identify opportunities for cost savings through simplification or cross-party collaboration.
- Oversee incident investigations to ensure any corrective action and associated paperwork is completed within an appropriate time frame.
- Support the H&S Lead in the delivery of Groups S&S campaigns and events.
- The role will develop strong relationships with local police, law enforcement and other banks to ensure that the company remains informed of relevant developments and is best placed to understand and respond to changes in various threat levels.
- The role will adequately brief relevant teams of any anticipated protests or similar disruption, ensuring that contingency measures are in place to prevent these activities from posting a threat to the business.
- The postholder will attend event planning meetings, create event security arrangements/plans and event security risk assessment for approval by the regional S&S Head. The postholder will lead the security response of such events accordingly.
- The postholder will be required to update and maintain site specific Security Operations Procedures as per the bank’s standards and policy.
- Provide advice and support to relevant crisis management and business resilience teams.
- Property Due Diligence – Review and approve due diligence of new premises, layouts, fit-outs and other Security related details of new projects.
- Mentor, coach and motivate country security managers. Providing necessary support, advice and training. Monitor security culture and provide support to improve the security culture in the cluster
- Threat Monitoring: Monitor and assess threats within the cluster region to ensure pro-active measures are taken to mitigate potential risk to the Bank’s operations, customers and staff.
- Being self-motivated and shows resilience in difficult situations, flexible and accommodating to meet the varying demands of a commercial and entrepreneurial business.
- Has high standards for self and others, meets agreed deadlines.
- Allocates time to longer-term activities, always looking for opportunities to do things simpler, better, more cost effectively, eliminating non-value added activities. Is clear-minded in pursuit of objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has proven ability to instil confidence and to provide direction for others.
- Probes and questions until in possession of good quality information. Uses analytical skill very effectively to gain a sound understanding of issues.
- Frequently generates innovative solutions.
- Proactively uses data to enhance problem solving.
- Consults wider teams when decisions have an effect on others
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Able to use Microsoft Office suite to an intermediate to advanced level – to be able to prepare reports in excel spreadsheets, or summary written reports of department activity.
- Confident/accurate user of Electronic Access Control (EAC) databases – using company EAC&HR software (Lenel/Genetic or similar). An awareness of Fire and Security Systems is required in this role.
- Experience working in a similar high security Corporate environment; with a focus on delivering high levels of customer service is essential, as is managing a team of security personnel and complex security technology.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others; reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. The ability to develop analytical business reports, based on widely available information.
- Experience in leading and managing teams, with the ability to motivate across all levels and drive high performance.
Membership to a recognised professional security body (SIA, Security Institute, RSES, etc.) First Aid At Work trained, NEBOSH/ IOSH or better H&S qualification would be advantageous.
Good working knowledge of UK law in relation to the role, including but not limited to PACE 1984,
Theft Act 1968 and Common Law.
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year, 8 of these will be in lieu of bank holidays (subject to shift pattern and accrual)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance benefit
- Financial support for SIA Licence & renewal
- Contributory Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free uniform provided