Close Protection Officer – Kabul, AfghanistanContract
Position – Close Protection Officer
Location – Canadian Embassy, Kabul, Afghanistan
Please do not apply if you do not meet the Essential Capabilities and Skills as listed!
Reporting to the respective Team Leader, the role of CPO is to ensure the health, safety and security of Olive Group Personnel, or the personnel of the Clients of Olive Group consistent with Olive Group’s contractual obligations and complete compliance with prevailing laws.
The responsibilities of the CPO are not exhaustive and may be adjusted from time to time on instruction from the Team Leader. In particular, the CPO is responsible for:
- Task delivery, assist when required, with task planning and preparation with due regard for the level of threat conveyed by the most recent project risk assessment.
- Attend briefings of assigned Olive Group and client personnel prior to conducting tasks and whenever required, to ensure strong client relations are upheld and managed professionally, politely and appropriately.
- Comply with all directives issued by host state military or police or such other authorities as may have authority over the Team or Operative during the course of tasks and missions, ensuring at all times and under all circumstances, that due courtesy is afforded them and effective and cooperative relations maintained.
- Engage routinely with client, professionally, politely and appropriately.
- Report to the Team Leader or Project Manager any client requests for services outside the agreed Scope of Works.
- Management of vehicle documentation ensuring all vehicle documents are compliant with relevant standards before deployment on task.
- Ensuring the security, serviceability and daily maintenance of your personal firearm and ensuring it is handled safely at all times.
- Maintaining absolute familiarity with Olive Group Standard Operating Procedures and the legal parameters in which the team operates.
- Undergo team training; receiving regular training and maintaining currency in tactics techniques procedures, actions on (response to incidents), updates to standard operating procedures and also project specific training.
- Liaison with such police, military and other agencies as the team may encounter, ensuring that it is handled with due courtesy and effective and cooperative relations are maintained.
- Reporting all disciplinary and security related issues to the Team Leader.
- Compliance with Rules for Use of Force consistent with procedures and regulations laid down by Olive Group in conjunction with the client, host state and International Laws.ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of service in a Regular Army.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Close Protection training course conducted by an SIA- approved training organisation (or other national equivalent).
- Minimum of 12 months’ commercial experience in an area of active conflict, including at least 6 months’ commercial experience in Kabul, Afghanistan;
- In possession of a current SIA Close Protection License.
- In possession of a valid certificate of qualification in First Person on Scene (Intermediate) (FPOS- I) having completed a training programme and qualified for the award with an Edexcel approved provider, or hold an equivalent national qualification for non-UK residents.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal record check within the recent 6 months.