COMPOUND SECURITY MANAGER – AFGHANISTANContract
The Contractor will provide a Compound Security Manager (CSM) role in Kabul
The CSM must oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of Security Coordinators, Armed Guards and Local Unarmed Guard Personnel.
The CSM must attend daily meetings with the client’s security staff.
The key expectations required are: –
- Provide effective and professional physical armed protection of personnel at client office and guesthouses anywhere in Afghanistan.
- Monitor the CCTV cameras and draft daily/weekly security reports with the security shortages/recommendations (access control procedures, main threats for client.
- To maintain good working relation with DPS and the Police Commanders responsible for the outer security ring of the client premises and exchange security-related information.
- To maintain a list of the client staff members and always know their whereabouts (how many staff members are in or out to the premises).
- To know the number of visitors to the client premises and their whereabouts, including UN, NGO, LA and locals.
- To be familiar with the basic provisions of the client’s security plan for the duty station.
- Provide the required number of adequate, qualified, and equipped international armed guards and supervisors on a 24/7 basis.
- Maintain high operational standards and ensure high disciplinary standards.
- The use of alcoholic beverages and /or illegal drugs by the service provider personnel is strictly forbidden. The service provider shall immediately remove and replace any employee who is under or strongly suspect of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Provide effective managerial oversight of the project from Kabul.
- Provide effective supervision and coordination of the armed guard activities.
- Cooperate effectively with the client unarmed guards and external armed guards provided by the APS (Protection Services).
- Work effectively with the client’s security focal point at each location and respond to the clients’ requirements as operational and administrative circumstances dictate.
- The contractor should submit the offer for two options:
- a) Where the life support services are covered by the contractor.
- b) Where the life support services are provided by the client at a reasonable standard.
- Life Support consists of providing the guards at all locations with food, water, laundry services, communications, and transport during deployment, leave, visa etc.
Diploma in Security Operations (Essential)
Minimum of 10 years relevant Security experience (Essential)
Minimum of 2 years experience in Afghanistan (Essential)
Working level Arabic & fluent in English (Essential)
- At least 10 years Military experience
- At least 2 years leadership capacity gained in the commercial sector within an austere environment such as Afghanistan/ Iraq.
- Health and Safety qualifications are highly desired.
- Intelligence Reporting and Administration experience
- Physically and mentally fit (Medical Certificate)
- Police Check
This role is part of the in-country management team.