Estate Control Centre CoordinatorFull Time
XXXX hire staff who strive to make a difference and achieve the highest standards. Everyone is empowered to make a difference and our ethos encourages everyone to think like an owner. Our business puts our customers and people at the heart of everything, we work to meet their needs and exceed expectations.
Our mission is to empower our people, engage our communities and create sustainable places.
Our values help us achieve exceptional results:
Excellence: Commit to achieving the best with integrity
Collaboration: Make use of our vast experience and knowledge to work effectively together
Engagement: Develop our people, our communities, our stakeholders and our suitable environment and be exceptional while respecting others
Ownership: Take responsibility and pride in what we deliver. Everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
Innovation: Embrace change and encourage innovation
Operating in the Estate Control Centre (ECC) at the heart of the Estate, providing operational control in support of the Control Centre Manager. The ECC Co-ordinator is responsible for overseeing the staffing process for the security department in order to support the Security Duty Manager. Ensuring that effective communications are released internally and externally as required, both routinely and during serious incidents, thus promoting a safe environment to work, visit and reside.
- Co-ordinate the response to security incidents, alarms and general facilities issues arising from management of the Canary Wharf Estate.
- Responsible for the immediate supervision and well-being of the Security Supervisors & Security Control Room Officer’s on duty in the ECC.
- Liaise directly with the Control Centre Manager on a day-to-day basis and ensure that the Security Duty Manager is appraised of relevant incidents in a fluid manner.
- Maintain close liaison with the security management team.
- Be fully conversant with the Assignment Instructions (AI), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Emergency Procedures.
- Ensure that all Security Supervisors & SCRO’s are fully conversant with the AI’s, SOPs and Emergency Procedures.
- Ensure that all Security Supervisors & SCRO’s are fully conversant with the operation of all equipment and systems used and ensure that up to date records are kept of the same.
- Ensure that all usage of the CCTV equipment is in accordance with the AI’s, Codes of Practice and Viewing Disclosure document.
- Ensure that all incidents and occurrences are correctly recorded on to the Incident Management System (IMS) so as to support the Control Centre Manager in line with quality checking and accuracy requirements.
- Read the previous 12hrs IMS reports and be fully conversant with all incidents and occurrences since last on duty.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork/online documentation is correctly completed.
- Ensure all incidents / faults are correctly reported internally or via IMS to the relevant building management, H&S Environment team or other areas dependant on the nature, relevant to their area of operation.
- Be prepared to deputise for the Control Centre Manager as and when required.
- Carry out any task as directed by the security management team.
- Ensure that all tasks specified on the quality assurance plan are carried out and processed accordingly.
- Compose, send, and update communications to external tenants and internal recipients of information relating to incidents deemed worthy of further action as directed by the Control Centre Manager.
- Ensure that staffing requirements for the coming 7 days (to include the booking of shortfalls) are addressed. Alongside this, ensure staffing numbers in the ECC are checked, counted, and issues raised accordingly for the following week at a set time, and also support the Security Duty Manager in the daily deployment of staff and accurate recording as appropriate.
- Manage a team of ECC Security Supervisors and Security Control Room Officers and provide appropriate training, guidance, and welfare support as and when required, or oversee that the above points are in place to promote development. And, if necessary, take any remedial action as deemed appropriate, ensuring performance is monitored at all times.
What We Require of You:
- Evidence of continuous professional development in security at supervisory level is essential.
- Relevant experience in Police, Military or Security industry is desirable.
- Ability to understand incident management and the principles involved in all stages.
- Training experience would be highly advantageous.
- Proven track record encompassing operational and administrative focus with an excellent standard of punctuation and grammar.
- Innovative and proactive thinker with strong negotiation skills.
- Team management, performance monitoring and quality management skills.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of security aspects in commercially driven and customer-orientated business. Must be flexible and diplomatic, with ability to constructively challenge existing practices and capable of driving change.
- Excellent communicator with sound organisational skills.
- Ability to provide effective professional levels of customer service and promote the company’s core values.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of current computer systems and technical skills is essential.
- Prepared to work a varied shift pattern and be flexible and consider working additional hours if required.