Head of Maritime and Shoreside Security – Dover
About the job
We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for a Company Security Manager who will be looking after the ship and shoreside security for the whole company. This is a strategically important role that will be looking after all aspects of security across the whole of our fleet across both the short ferry routes and our overnight routes alongside our ports and offices. You will ensure that security regulatory requirements are met for Flag, Port State and Host States alongside Cyber Security requirements under the ISM code and you will be the company security manager as specified by the ISPS code.
Working with our seafaring leadership team you will be make sure that all ship internal security standards are carried out to standard, enhance security awareness amongst he staff, making sure that the ships are aware of any security deficiencies and all of this is documented and filed as per the company protocols.
Working with the facilities managers you will be making sure all of our shoreside locations are secure and alongside the IT team you will embed cyber security into your overall plan.You will also be expected to be security vetted prior to a contract being issued.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
– 1st Class Certificate of Competency (Deck) or equivalent
– Knowledge of ISPS code
– A clear understanding of maritime operational issues and in particular those relating to maritime security
– Able to work closely with colleagues in different cross-functional teams
– Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills
– Experience of leading a large security operation across a varied maritime fleet.
– It would be beneficial if you have previously worked in a highly unionised environment.
P&O Ferries provided pay range
This range is provided by P&O Ferries. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
£57,268/yr – £71,585/yr
If this role sounds of interest to apply click the apply button.