Security Consultant – Major Sporting FranchiseContract
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Security Consultant
- The Security Consultant will support the Sporting Franchise Broadcast and Logistics departments on the build, event and derig phases of events, with security expertise and advice.
- Working closely with the events, promotions and hospitality teams to give security advice and support to suppliers.
- The Security Consultant will act as the key point of contact for Sporting Franchise staff and contractors on the ground for security issues and raise specific concerns and risk to the security management team.
- Ensure that the promoters security measures match their proposals and stated plans and appropriately mitigate and document the risk and the security solutions advocated.
- Work with other key stakeholders on related security issues where necessary. Document all activity.
- Participate or lead meetings, when required, to report on relevant security matters. Undertake projects and other security development workstreams in support of the security manager and security lead.
- Ensure that all accidents and security incidents or crimes are documented correctly, investigated promptly and reported accurately in line with the relevant procedure.
- Provide constructive and pragmatic advice to individuals and teams on the secure delivery of broadcast and event security operations to the relevant departments and the Sporting Franchise safety team.
- Work closely with H&S advisors on appropriate joint checks and inspections related to the delivery of the event.
- Undertake any other associated security work as assigned by the Sporting Franchise security leads
- Degree level qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience in security management.
- Experience operating in fast-paced and time crucial environments. An understanding of threat and risk associated with events and how to manage and mitigate it.
- Minimum of five years working in a security role or similar sSecurity Consultant role (policing, military or other civil or commercial security role).
- Ability to speak another language is desirable
- Ability to digest information and credibly communicate and document salient points to a variety of audiences.
- Practical and hands on approach to security, good subjective decision-making skills.
- Ability to think responsively, anticipate, Good dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Able to keep accurate records, analyse security risk assessments and produce concise accurate reports with reasonable proportional and evidenced recommendations.
- Ensure detailed, and accurate Reports are completed to a high standard.
- Complete all mandatory training within specified timelines.
- Comply with Sporting Franchise policies and code of conduct.
- Able to deal with diplomatically sensitive situations through to conclusion.
- Willing and able to travel and work away for a minimum of 2-week periods. Have good personal resilience away from home country, and resourcefulness.
- Able to maintain professional confidentiality relating to personal or sensitive information.
- Possess the confidence to present or brief large groups of people.