Security Control Room OfficerFull Time
We hire staff who strive to make a difference and achieve the highest standards. Everyone is empowered to make a difference and our ethos encourages everyone to think like an owner. Our business puts our customers and people at the heart of everything, we work to meet their needs and exceed expectations.
Our mission is to empower our people, engage our communities and create sustainable places.
Our values help us achieve exceptional results:
Excellence: Commit to achieving the best with integrity
Collaboration: Make use of our vast experience and knowledge to work effectively together
Engagement: Develop our people, our communities, our stakeholders and our suitable environment and be exceptional while respecting others
Ownership: Take responsibility and pride in what we deliver. Everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
Innovation: Embrace change and encourage innovation
The Estate Control Centre (ECC) is the heartbeat of the Estate and has responsibility for security and customer service, facilities management, monitoring calls, responding to telephone and email enquiries and a variety of administrative duties. We have a fantastic opportunity for motivated and personable individuals to join our team as Security Control Room Officers, to undertake duties within the ECC in support of the Security Department. We are looking for applicants from a range of backgrounds to join our diverse team.
This role offers a work pattern of 160 hours in 4 weeks, comprising a mixture of 8- and 12-hour day, night and weekend shifts.
- To provide courteous, professional, and engaging customer service and assistance to the wide range of visitors to the Estate, including workers, residents, families, and children.
- To effectively respond to and process all enquiries received by email, telephone, help point intercoms and other Estate-based intercoms.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of the Estate (offices, retail malls, restaurants etc) and provide routine information, advice and guidance to members of the public and other organisations and agencies.
- To be familiar with physical layout, tenant occupation, key personnel, building routines and all security related systems/equipment.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies (including security emergencies) and to be thoroughly familiar with the emergency estate wide procedures.
- To effectively liaise with the Emergency Services and actively process/assist their requests when required, of both an operational and administerial nature.
- To react to any situation with the ability to remain calm, make decisions under pressure and take the necessary action and communicate effectively.
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- To be proactive and proficient in operating CCTV in order to prevent, detect and record incidents occurring.
- Deploy suitable company resources including personnel and vehicles promptly and efficiently to deal with routine and emergency incidents, whilst utilising CCTV, radios and other technical systems and liaising with other departments within the company.
- To operate the Incident Management System (IMS) by accurately and promptly recording details of all calls/messages/incidents, including subsequent action(s), and be prepared to send corporate level notifications in order to support effective communication.
- To maintain overwatch on open-source media and obtain intelligence that could be useful for the wider operational picture.
- To comply with the Estate Control Centre Instructions and Procedures, and to maintain and implement emergency procedures, logs, and records.
- To understand and be familiar with GDPR-UK and the need to process personal and confidential data professionally and correctly.
What We Require of You:
We provide our Security Control Room Officers with a full and structured training process including SIA public space surveillance licence (CCTV), IED Awareness, Behaviour Detection, Customer Service, and more. Applicants should be:
- Able to demonstrate quality customer service skills and experience, or recent security experience.
- Naturally inquisitive and alert with strong attention to detail of your surroundings.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple communication channels at a time.
- Able to act calmly under pressure.
- A confident communicator with sound interpersonal skills.
- Courteous, professional, and diplomatic in delivering customer service.
- Able to work both independently and constructively with your colleagues.
- Possess a good standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to show the right attributes to cover for the Security Supervisor, where required, in their absence, or any other reasonable duties.
- Able to prove a 5-year verifiable work history and account for gaps in employment (BS7858 standard).
- Honest and free of criminal convictions (subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974).