Security Coordinator – Oil & GasFull Time
About the Security Coordinator Position
What’s the role?
The Security Coordinator is responsible for the security of the company’s human and physical assets in Nigeria (including offices, facilities and projects) as well as planning, scheduling and managing security escorts in areas of operations.
Responsibilities would include coordinating the activities of Government Security Agencies (GSAs), particularly the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), the Supernumerary (SPY) Police and contracted Civil Guards to provide robust and fit-for-purpose security coverage; planning and management of security logistics in SNG, as well as leading and coordinating the supervisors deployed to SNG. In addition, incumbent manages all HSE issues in SNG security activities and acts as a focal point for journey management in SNG security operations.
Incumbent will also serve as contract holder for the major security contracts in Nigera area.
- Conduct Security Risk Assessment (SRA) for Companies personnel, facilities and operations/activities in Nigeria.
- Produce and deploy Facility Security Plans (FSP) for the key facilities and activities in operations, drawing from recommendations from the SRA.
- Implement adequate and fit-for-purpose security counter-measures to manage identified risks to ALARP.
- Manage all security activities, including access control, demonstrably reflecting Companies HSSE strategy, policy and guidelines.
- Maintain close operational relationship and liaison with Government Security Agencies in operational areas and Police Command to deliver value to the business.
- Provide regular briefing and awareness sessions on VPSHR to deployed Government Security personnel to Companies operations, facilities and projects.
- Review contractors’ activity/project security plans and produce bridging documents as required
- Monitor (in conjunction with SIS) changes in the security climate and advise leadership on Security Operating Levels (SOL) in areas of operations.
- Carry out field visits and confirm/review adequacy of counter-measures deployed on site.
- Act as Contract Holder to assigned security contracts in Nigeria, and effectively manage the Security Services contract to ensure value for money for the company.
- Manage HSE issues in security and Coordinate Security Road Transport Investigations resulting from security activities.
- Conduct periodic Security Risk Assessments (SRA) for land transport in SNG, and ensure that required security mitigations are in place for all movements.
- Managing/improving relationship with the High Command (Police Area Commanders, DPOs etc) of security agencies around company’s operational areas to guarantee and facilitate continuous support.
- Haphazard scheduling of trips due to ad-hoc and sometimes emergency requests
- Being able to effectively cover operations that span across five states and still expanding.
What we need from you?
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years of industrial security experience, including managing security in complex environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; strategic thinker with good data management skill
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience in leading and managing teams.
- Track record of high level of performance over an extended period.
- An analytical mind and well-developed interpersonal skills for interaction with Stakeholders at different levels within and outside the organization.
- A strong and committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills.