Security Operations ManagerContract
About the job
- Maintain a shift system as laid down by the Country Operations Manager.
- Be fully conversant with all communications systems used in the Operations Room.
- Monitor, maintain and test all communications systems between the Operations Room and all other GSS call signs, ensuring full functionality and reporting any deficiencies to the Operations Manager.
- Report any requests for assistance from GSS call signs to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Correctly file and back up all GSS HQ Ops Coord electronic mail, Skype and Log Book.
- Maintain all HQ Ops Coord documentation commensurate with the needs of the Operations Manager and the GSS Projects in general.
- Liaise with the Country Operations Manager to identify, where appropriate, how systems can be improved.
- Assist the Country Operations Manager in the day to day running of the Operations Room.
- Record all communications traffic and incidents in the HQ Ops Coord’s Log Book.
- Assist in the preparation of the Operations Room for briefings and meetings when required.
- Ensure the Operations Room remains clean and organised.
- Maintain compliance with all SOP’s, and assist with the maintenance of GSS SOP’s.
Key Performance Indicators
Environment, Health, Safety and Fire Management
- Close liaison with the Operations Manager with regard to Safety, Health, Environmental and Fire policy plans and procedures.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, monitoring and review EHS control measure in a timely manner.
- Carry out additional tasks as and when required as directed by the Operations Manager, which may include PSD movements as an operator.
- HQ Ops Coord require Operations Room experience and to have good Communications and IT skills.
- A high standard of both verbal and written English is necessary, as is the ability to be both flexible and composed whilst working in a high pressure environment.
Verbal Communication skills
English speaking to a high level and be able to communicate with all parties in an understanding manner.
Written Communication skills
An excellent level of written English with proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word)
Must be customer and client focused, managing the client & customer aspirations and constantly developing the service levels to exceed expectations.
Skills & Experience
- SIA license
- Valid medical qualification
- Qualified to handle weapons
- Full driving license
- Security training qualification
- Military training background
- Fit for work medical
- Ability to pass a British Army Infantry fitness assessment
- Minimum of 5 years military service
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial security
- Operational experience in Iraq/Afghanistan
- Team work.
- Courteous and Decent.
- Fair and Honest.
- Time Management skills and well organised
- Hard Working.
- Negotiation and leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate others.