Site Security Manager – Harwell
Leading a large, on-site security team to guard and protect a Corporate site for our prestigious client. You will manage a site security team to deliver services to client requirements, which includes management of the facilities helpdesk; overseeing client requirements in catering, cleaning and quality assurance. With full responsibility for operational performance, you will ensure that your teams are recruited, trained, briefed and deployed to provide an effective security presence. An experienced security professional, you’ll ensure correct response to emergencies including fire evacuation, conflict management and physical intervention. You will also use your strong IT skills to maintain and organise systems and records including rotas, monthly reports, budgets and payroll. With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll work closely with client representatives, customers and colleagues to investigate, understand and resolve problems. You will also support your team by carrying out ‘hands-on’ operational activities if required, including disciplinary and grievance meetings, mentoring and performance management. Specific duties will include:
- Proactively manage a security team ensuring that all duties are carried out in accordance with the site KPI’s and client procedures and policies and to take responsibility for the professional conduct and development of the team.
- Act as the key security contact with the Client for all daily operational security matters, and to ensure effective communication of all matters pertaining to security and delivery of the professional security service, escalating issues appropriately.
- Work in partnership with client representatives and other service partners on behalf of the client.
- Manage the deployment of the security team by way of forward planning and coordination, to ensure that the contract is always adequately manned with suitably trained ICTS officers.
- Ensure that security patrols are conducted in accordance to type and to a high standard.
- Manage the PSIM system to ensure maximum effectiveness and productivity of the security team, and to capture and communicate all relevant site data, trends and irregularities to the client.
- Ensure that the security team is sufficiently trained in Health & Safety awareness such that risks on site are identified and reported in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the status, control and maintenance of the organisation’s flags in accordance with organisational and national/international protocols.
- Be on call 24/7 to respond to any site emergencies.
- Responsible for the FM computerised records including but not limited to employee arrivals and movement throughout the organisation, the raising, monitoring and completing of FM work requests to a high standard, and various space management tasks for the building.
- Oversight and control of preparations, planning and delivery of first-class conferences services, covering the full life cycle of the event.
- Management of menus and catering orders of various types to ensure customer satisfaction and administrative cohesion with the caterers.
- Ensuring that the Helpdesk response to email requests is compliant with time and quality measures.
- Responsible for the management of the switchboard and adherence to specific protocols and procedures unique to the organisation.
- Provision of the most up to date information for the Helpdesk to ensure that employee queries from any source can be accurately dealt with.
- The constant improvement of customer service to both internal and external customers to meet client expectations role will incorporate a range of duties including Security and Facilities Management, please refer to the attached list of duties for further reference. Standard hours are up to 45 hours per week, Monday – Friday. However, the site operates 24/7 and you will need to be flexible to manage and support your team as required and remain on call. Experience as a security manager or security supervisor is essential, and to succeed in this role you will also need:
- Strong operational and client management skills
- Clear and confident communication skills
- The ability to remain calm, organised and professional under pressure
- Commercial focus and willingness to make decisions
- Excellent computer literacy and administration skills
- An SIA Door Supervision (DS) or Security Guarding (SG) license
- Five years’ checkable history, right to work and references
- To pass a criminal records check (CRC) to the required standards following would also be useful, but are not essential:
- Professional membership of relevant management or security management institute, or related qualification – e.g., CMI, ISMI, etc.
- SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence established in 1987, ICTS specialises in the provision of integrated security and customer services within the most demanding environments. ICTS works with major public attractions, leisure, financial, retail, public sector, transport and government bodies. We take our commitment to principles of fairness and mutual respect for people of all faiths and cultures seriously and we expect our employees to do the same.