Record your professional development and boost your employability. The BBA CPD Profile is free to all Security Professionals.
The BBA CPD Profile is the newest and fastest growing career tool for security professionals looking to present themselves in a professional manner, keep track of their professional development, get themselves in front of recruiters, and increase their employability.
What does having a CPD Profile mean for you?
- Allows employers to download your CV so that it is never more than a click away when they need to fill a vacancy.
- Find jobs, contacts, and business opportunities. Leading recruiters and contracts originating through the BBA, search for potential candidates using the CPD database.
- Can be used as an means to gain an introduction to someone in a professional capacity, such as a perspective employer or recruiter.
- Personalise your profile with your own photos and videos to add credibility to your employment/training history.
- Receive notifications when your qualifications match job vacancies.
- Store and save all documents to one secure online area and use it like a digital wallet of all your professional certification and useful documents.
By completing your BBA CPD Portfolio, you can make sure you keep any evidence you have of your CPD, for example certificates from previous study or training. Any learning and development you undertake that contributes to your being effective in your profession should be documented in your CPD portfolio
Where the CPD profile fits into your career strategy
Don't get left behind, understand the importance of CPD.
How having a profile serves you.
Having a completed profile could be more rewarding.
What is the purpose of BBA CPD?
Most career paths have accredited qualifications and marks of recognition for when an employee proves competence in an area, such as NVQ (National Vocational Qualifications). Because of the bespoke nature of the work in the security industry it’s much harder to quantify or capture your on-the-job achievements, which makes it difficult to prove to perspective employers that you’re experienced and suitable for a position.
Why should you care?
Completing your BBA CPD Portfolio can help you to reflect, review and document your learning and to develop and update your professional knowledge and skills. Once you complete it, your BBA CPD Portfolio will be very useful to both you and any future employers you share it with because it:
- provides an overview of your professional development to date
- reminds you of your achievements and how far you've progressed
- directs your career and helps you keep your eye on your goals
- uncovers gaps in your skills and capabilities so that you can focus your efforts in developing or building them up
- provides examples and scenarios for a CV or interview
- demonstrates your professional standing to clients and employers
- helps you with your career development or a possible career change
How do I benefit from BBA CPD?
Nothing offers a stronger belief and reassurance for a perspective employer in a candidate’s ability than having trusted and respected advocates. Use BBA CPD to request recommendations and endorsements from colleagues, employers or customers who can speak to your abilities and contributions. BBA CPD makes the process simple, generating official pre-formatted emails to your references requesting endorsements on your behalf which are verified through the BBA.
You can document your skills and vocational experience where no formal or recognised qualifications may exist. If you have a strength which is going unrecognized that you regularly utilise in your professional capacity, then have it validated by a line manager and endorsed by the BBA.
Why is it important to complete my profile?
Like a CV, blank areas on your profile often speak louder than the words you’ve used. Leaving gaps in your profile could look as though you’re trying to hide something, so if you’ve taken a career break then mention why. For instance you may have taken time out to retrain, have a child or go travelling. Don’t leave an employer guessing because the chances are they won’t take time to seek confirmation and in such a competitive industry they won’t risk taking a chance on you.
How do I edit my profile?
The quickest way to edit and enhance your profile is to click the My Account button in the top section of the navigation bar. This will allow you to sign into your personal account. Once logged in you will see your dashboard, some items my be greyed out and inactive, depending on your level of BBA membership. To get all functionality you need to upgrade to Gold membership.
1. Move your cursor over your dashboard icons in the centre of the page and select CPD Profile.
2. Find the section you'd like to edit and click the Edit link next to it.
3. When you're done making updates, click SAVE in the green box at the bottom of each section.
Sections you can edit in your profile:
- Personal Details - All your Bio data including name, DOB, Location. This will increase your chances of getting matched for specific job opportunities.
- Photo - Add a professional photo of yourself.
- CV - Add a professional CV/resume.
- Contact Info - Edit your Contact Info, including your email, phone and address (only visible to connections), as well as your web site.
- Professional Experience - Professional positions and experience, including jobs, military experience, board of directors etc.
- Training & Qualifications - Training Courses, certifications, licenses, or clearances you've attained can be added to this section.
- Education - School and educational information.
- Professional Bodies/Organisations - List the organisations or associations you've been a part of along with your role.
- Interests & Personal Achievements - Interests, personal achievements and milestones which you’re proud of.
- Media - Show off your hard-earned awards, upload photos and videos to highlight your industry experience.
- Articles/Publications - List the publications that have featured your work.
- Social Networks - Add your social Networks
- Recommendations - You can request professional recommendations and display them on your profile as endorsements of experience.
How do I start?
Set aside some quite time where you will not be distracted and can reflect and provide honest, candid feedback to the questions that are posed in the BBA CPD Portfolio. The system will not time you and will save your answers in case you need to complete in several sessions. We recommend that you give this your full attention. This is an extremely meaningful and valuable exercise to your career so it should not be rushed. So when you are ready, click Join Now to begin completing your BBA CPD Portfolio.
Hints and Tips
Your BBA CPD Profile forms the foundation of your career development strategy. Here’s how to makes the most of it.
Understand your audience
To create a powerful impression with your BBA CPD, you need to understand your audience. Ask yourself whose attention you’re trying to get and tailor your profile to speak to them. After your covering letter this is the first perspective an employer will get of you, make sure you leave a lasting and favourable impression by:
Complete your profile
Make your profile as content rich as possible, don’t waffle or over embellish, just stick to the facts and present them in fluid, concise manner. Leaving gaps in your profile could look as though you’re trying to hide something, so if you’ve taken a career break then mention why.
Tell your story
Use the personal profile section to provide a snapshot of your professional journey and aspirations. Add past and present work experience to provide context, and upload (or link to) rich content like websites, blogs and videos to capture your career overview.
Let your experience speak for itself
Nothing builds belief and reassurance in a perspective employer better than having advocates. Get recommendations and endorsements from colleagues, employers or customers who can speak to your abilities and contributions. Document and accredit skills where no accredited qualification may exist.
With a comprehensive, endorsed profile you maximise your chances of winning the contract or job you’re applying for. Recording your CPD progress through a reputable organisation such as the BBA you gain credibility and offer reassurance to an employer by distinguishing yourself as someone who commits to development and growth. Together, we are the dedicated Association of dedicated professionals.
An error was detected×