Do you have a real challenge being a ‘Grey Professional’ or actually becoming a ‘Social Chameleon’?
We are delighted to welcome Jared van Driessche, Director of Security and EP Professional to the podcast to help us ask:
- Are we encouraged to be a ‘grey person’ because it is very difficult to teach new operators social and emotional intelligence?
- Are we too focused on preventing operational intelligence leaking in place of remaining ‘grey’ around the Principal?
- Is there a way to promote your service without promoting yourself today?
- Should we expect to be fired from some EP jobs whilst learning to become an effective social chameleon?
- Is being a grey professional ultimately a cornerstone of the ‘service mindset’?
More about the Circuit:
The Circuit Magazine is written and produced by volunteers, most of who are operationally active, working full time in the security industry. The magazine is a product of their combined passion and desire to give something back to the industry. By subscribing to the magazine you are helping to keep it going into the future. Find out more >
If you liked this podcast, we have an accompanying weekly newsletter called ‘On the Circuit‘ where we take a deeper dive into the wider industry. Opt in here >
The Circuit team is:
- Elijah Shaw
- Jon Moss
- Shaun West
- Phelim Rowe
Connect with Us: